Posts below may contain affiliate links or sponsored conent. Please read our Disclosure Policy.
Cheap Ways to Send Holiday Cards
You’re looking at your list and wondering how much it’s going to cost to send all those holiday cards. While a stamp doesn’t cost that much, sending out hundreds of cards is an added expense during an already financially-straining season. Thankfully, there are ways to save money. Let’s take a closer look at cheap ways to send holiday cards.
Trim Your List
Chances are there are people on your list that you never even speak to anymore. They’ve gone from being close friends to acquaintances. They may not even send you a card anymore. Go through your list and mark off anyone that you’re not longer close with. You’ll be surprised at how quickly your list shrinks.
Send a Card Online
There are literally hundreds of websites that allow you to send holiday cards to someone’s email address. A number of these sites are even free to use. It’s a nice way to say happy holidays or Merry Christmas without having to spend any money. The more people you can send cards to this way, the better.
Give the Card in Person
If the person you’re sending a card to lives across town, and you see them on a regular basis, just give them the card in person. Why spend the money on a stamp? You may think it’s easier just to mail them all out at once, but the costs can really add up.
Add the Card to the Gift
This may sound obvious, but many people send the card and gift separately. If you’re sending a gift to the person, add the card inside the box. There’s no reason to spend the money on a stamp. The card weighs so little that, in most cases, it won’t even increase the cost of mailing your package.
Mail the Cards Together
Do you have family in another state? Instead of sending a card to each household, mail them all together. This will actually save you money. Put all the cards in a mailer and ship the cards to one person to hand out. If you have a large family, this will really save you some money.
You don’t have to spend a small fortune sending out holiday cards. Whether you mark some people off your list or mail your cards together, there are cheap ways to send holiday cards. This will give you more money for all those other holiday expenses.
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”#589D47″ class=”” size=””]
🎄 More Christmas FUN 🎄
- 13 Secret Santa Gifts Under $5
- 10 DIY Christmas Handmade Ornaments!
- 10 DIY Christmas Advent Calendars!
- 10 DIY Sweet Treats For Gifts!
- 10 DIY Christmas Mason Jar Gifts!
- 10 DIY Christmas Pet Gifts!
- 10 DIY Christmas Printables!
- 10 DIY Christmas Stockings!
- 10 DIY Christmas Wreaths!
- 10 DIY Christmas Kid Activities!
- 10 DIY Christmas Decorations!
- 10 DIY Christmas Cookies for Santa!
- 10 DIY Christmas Handmade Cards!
- How to Plan a Great and Inexpensive Holiday Party
- 5 Ways to Manage Stress and Stay Mindful Through the Holidays
- 5 Ways to Easily Start Saving Now for Holiday Expenses
- Tips for Finding a Job this Holiday Season
- 10 Ways to Make Quick Cash for the Holidays!
- How to Host a Budget Friendly Dinner Party