Posts below may contain affiliate links or sponsored conent. Please read our Disclosure Policy.
Now days there are so many ways to earn and save more, just by using your phone! I’ve personally checked out all of these apps and I love them! They’re extremely useful!
Apps That Offer Rewards:
- Rewards you with “kicks” (reward points) for visiting participating retailers (Macy’s, Target, Crate & Barrel, Best Buy, Old Navy, etc.
- You can also earn “bonus kicks” for scanning specific items within the store.
- Redeem your reward points for retail & restaurant gift cards.
- Connect your credit or debit card to your account to earn points when you spend money at stores such as Target. I have personally found this the best way to earn points, since I don’t do a lot of retail shopping at other stores, but I do go to Target every now and then.
- Earn points for watching television shows.
- Once you download the app, you can “check in” to register whatever show you are watching. The app will listen to your TV and you will earn 1 point per minute you are checked in.
- Earn bonus points for watching featured programs; you can also earn bonus points through promotions and games.
- Redeem points for gift cards and other prizes.
- This app was pretty pointless for me since I watch almost no television, but I have a few TV-loving friends who absolutely love it!
- Earn Inbox Dollars for a variety of activities, including taking surveys, completing activities, searching the web, watching videos and more.
- Works in conjunction with your online Inbox Dollars account.
- Pays CASH and you get a $5 bonus just for signing up.
- Rewards add up pretty quickly–get paid when you earn $30.
- By FAR my personal favorite way to earn rewards online.
4. Swagbucks TV
- Earn Swag Bucks for watching videos on your phone, up to 50 per day.
- Works in conjunction with your online Swagbucks account, for which you can earn Swag Bucks by shopping online, using the Swagbucks site as your primary search engine, and printing coupons.
- Redeem Swag Bucks for gift cards and other prizes (500 Swag Bucks equals a $5 gift card)
Apps that Save Money on Groceries
- Ibotta also offers cash rewards, which can be deposited directly to a PayPal account.
- Unlike Jingit, Ibotta requires you to make a participating purchase in order to get paid. However, the payout is significantly higher than other rewards programs.
- Before heading to the grocery store, choose the offers you will participate in. The more offers you choose, the more cash you’ll earn. Next, go shopping & purchase your chosen products. After you check out, take a photo of your receipt. Ibotta will then verify your purchase and credit your account.
- Every time you redeem an offer a new one will be sent.
- This is a GREAT app to use in conjunction with coupons and store sales!
- Favado is a mobile savings app that helps shoppers stop overspending by notifying them when their favorite items are on sale.
- Favado has money saving experts who hand select sales and coupons every week — in more than 65,000 grocery and drugstores nationwide — to enable discovery of the best deals for savings up to 70% on everyday items.
- Again, this is a great app to use in conjunction with store sales and paper coupons to stretch your savings.
- Favado currently works in conjunction with other money saving apps, including the Target Mobile Coupon App, the Target Cartwheel App, the SavingStar app, and Checkout 51
- Clip e-Coupons that are automatically added to your participating grocery store’s savings card.
- Savings are stored in an account; once you’ve saved $5 or more, get paid via bank transfer, PayPal, or Amazon.com gift card.
- Only works at participating stores, but it is a great app if your store participates!
- Add items to your grocery list via text, scan, or voice, then easily clip corresponding coupons to save.
- Can create different lists for multiple stores
- Coupons can be sent directly to your wi-fi enabled printer, or emailed to you so you can print them via your home computer.
- Can sync and share your list with multiple users
- Feature hundreds of special offers and sales for Target merchandise.
- Allows you to scan your items at Target to check for special offers, which can then be stacked with other paper and online coupons.
- Similar to Ibotta, But with the bonus of having alot of produce offers
- New Offers every Thursday
Apps that Save Money on Other Items
11. Shop Savvy
- Barcode scanner allows you to scan an item in the store to see if you can find a better price online.
- Great way to avoid impulse purchases!
12. Gas Buddy
- Uses satellite locater to find the closest gas stations with current gas prices
- Earn points every time you report a gas price
13. Retail Me Not
- Retail coupon app that quickly pulls up coupons or coupon codes for most major retailers that can be used in stores or online.
- Simple-to-use app with easy search option
- Also features daily “hot deals”