Join The ✂️ Couponing For Beginners ✂️ Group
Like the Greatest Generation, Coupon fanatics are always looking for new ways to squeeze extra savings out of every nickel. We’d make turnips bleed!
Ebates.com is a smart and easy method to save big when shopping online.
What is Ebates?
Ebates is a merchant referral program that sends cash back on purchases you make from stores on their website. There are literally hundreds of stores where you can shop for everything from your basic groceries and necessities, to home and high fashion in department stores. Target, Walmart, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Dillard’s, and Staples are just a few of my favorites.
How do I get started?
To get started go to ebates.com and enter your email address and password. Just for signing up, you have a choice of a $10 gift card to Barnes & Noble, Target, Home Depot, Magazines.com or a $5 gift from Ebates. I chose a $10 gift card to Target. These become available after you make your first purchase of $25 or more through Ebates.
On the left side of the site you can shop by category or search for your store. Next to each store Ebates lists the percentage you can get back on your purchases. This ranges from 1% to 25%.
How it works:
- It is entirely free. Starting an Ebates account takes under a minute and requires only an email address. No sensitive information required.
- Shopping via Ebates nets users cash back rebates (as high as 25%) from over 1,500 major retailers nationwide.
- Browse online stores from the Ebates partner list. Each store lists a cash back percentage to shoppers. Average cash back is from 4%-12% (we just saved 6% on some personal pampering at The Body Shop).
- Follow the link to the store you want and shop as normal. Cash back automatically accrues in an Ebates account until a threshold of $5.01 is reached. At least four times a year, Ebates mails a check or transfers those funds into a PayPal account. No strings, no points to redeem, no mail-in forms or membership fees.
- Ebates also gives new members $5.00 for signing up and an additional $5.00 for every friend referred. With over 12 million members and $85,000,000 paid out so far, this service continues to grow in popularity. We like to stack Ebates purchases with coupons, sales, and promotions for even greater savings.